I's time to embrace innovative at-home back pain treatment methods where relief is as close as your living room.
In this blog, we will share not just tips and techniques, but stories of real people who've transformed their back care routines. These are more than strategies; they're pathways to a new you—healthier, stronger, and in control.
Reflecting on Back Pain in the Past Year:
Back pain can–and likely will–impact everyone at some point. I, a fairly active 28 year-old, experienced back pain for the first time at the end of last year.
I never really expected to get back pain (despite working in marketing for a company dedicated to providing better back care treatment at home). I’ve read books and research papers to help do my job well, and everything I learned told me that I would get back pain, especially as the body starts to change in and around your thirties.
Still, I hadn’t had back pain before, and felt it unlikely that it would come along in any meaningful way anytime soon...but it did, and even a month later it is affecting my day-to-day life.
The Number of People With Back Pain is Only Growing; We Need Better Home Treatments
It’s clear that back care is an area of healthcare that requires innovation:
- Back pain impacts more than 619 million people globally and remains the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- In the next three decades, that number is expected to jump to 840 million people
You can read our blog about the burden of lower back pain for more info about global trends.
The best way to highlight the importance of the need for better, more effective back care that is both convenient and accessible with through at-home treatment is to bring up a recent article by the Financial Times in their How To Spend It (HTSI) magazine in which they focus on 5 essential health tech items for the new year. BackHug features at the top of this article where the importance of at-home back care is apparent:
Is It Really That Bad?
The UK government conducts a yearly report on musculoskeletal statistics and here are a few of the key findings from their 2023 report:
- 18.4% of individuals aged 16 and over self-reported long-term musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions, showcasing a persistent challenge.
- Notably, the correlation between MSK conditions and mental health remains substantial, with those having an MSK condition being 1.4 times more likely to report a mental health condition.
- Particularly concerning is the age-specific odds ratio, peaking at 3.0 for those aged 35 to 44. This means individuals in this age group are three times more likely to report a mental health condition if they have an MSK condition compared to those without.
Embracing 2024 with Effective At Home Back Pain Treatment Strategies:
Back pain shouldn’t be a barrier to enjoying your daily activities. With the right approach to back care, a pain-free life is a very achievable reality. Integrating simple, yet scientifically proven habits into your daily routine can be a game-changer. The best thing? Adopting strategies for back pain treatment at home is easier than you might think. Here are some easy-to-adopt strategies:
- Stretch It Out: Start your day with some gentle stretching exercises. These movements help wake up your muscles and can improve flexibility and reduce stiffness. (Sherman et al. 2013)
- Move Regularly: If your day involves a lot of sitting, make sure to take breaks. A quick walk or a stretch every hour can work wonders for your back.
- Mind Your Posture: Pay attention to your posture, whether you’re sitting, standing, or walking. Good posture aligns your body correctly and reduces strain on your back muscles. (França et al. 2012)
- Stay Hydrated: While direct research on hydration and back pain is limited, maintaining good hydration is essential for overall musculoskeletal health, and helps to maintain the elasticity and fluidity of the soft tissues and joints in your back.
- Explore At-Home Solutions: Tools like BackHug offer a convenient way to manage back care at home. It’s designed to provide targeted relief and can be a supportive part of your back care regimen.
The Role of BackHug in Home Treatment for Back Pain:
BackHug has been specifically invented by a physiotherapist to provide effective at-home back pain treatment so you can get the care you need, whenever you want it. Here’s how BackHug is changing the game when it comes to better back care:
- Innovative Technology: BackHug combines innovation with physio know-how. It uses 26 robotic fingers, meticulously engineered to mimic physiotherapy techniques for spinal mobilisation. This isn't just about easing pain; it's about targeting those stiff joints in your back with the sort of skill you'd expect from a professional.
- Convenience: With BackHug at home, you have access to physio-grade back care whenever you need it. Ready for session one or one thousand, it fits into your life without the fuss of appointments. No traveling, no waiting – just effective back care around your schedule.
- Customisation: Everyone's back is different, and BackHug gets that. Our in-app consultation tailors your treatment plan to your specific back issues. It zeroes in on your pain points for therapy that truly hits the spot, every single time.
How BackHug is Helping People Access Better Back Care at Home
It's time to meet some members of our community who've turned the page on back pain with BackHug. They're finding more than relief; they're rediscovering freedom in the little things like being able to put their shoes on with ease. Their stories are our stories, shared triumphs in the pursuit of well-being, reminding us why we do what we do.
Are you ready to Prioritise Your Back Health in 2024 with At Home Treatments?
With accessible solutions like BackHug ready to support you, this year can be where back care is self-care. your turning point towards comfort, mobility, and well-being - embracing a year where back care is self-care.